Thursday, September 3, 2009

Single strand bracelet that could also be made as a necklace
.
The chain is sterling silver plated as are the paddle pins that attach the semiprecious stones as charms all along the length of the chain.  The pattern starts with 6mm round rose quartz, 6mm diameter amythest rondelle, 6mm long citrine oval, 8mm round magnesite, 4mm square rose quartz and a 4mm tree jasper.  The pattern repeats three times. 
.
This bracelet is a much more labor intensive than the memory wire bracelets or the single strand bracelets, because each charm is made with a sterling silver plated paddle pin attached to the chain by a sterling silver plated jump ring. 
.
IMPORTANT NOTE:  I chose to use sterling silver plated jump rings and paddle pins where strength is very important.  Sterling silver is soft and often comes in a wire gauge that is too thin to hold the weight of the beads or the tugging that can happen on a bracelet or earrings.  I've had unhappy results when I've gone that route.  Its also important for me to keep my costs down so I can sell these at a reasonable price, not to mention that I give a good share of my jewelry away.  That being said, I keep experimenting and trying new things.  If I find a good, solid holding solid sterling silver jumpring, then I'll use it. 
Crystal and glass necklace with a 3 piece focal point
.
I've had requests for more necklaces as well as crystals, so here ya go!  This necklace reaches the middle of the bust.  It is made of a pattern of:
Clear glass
Dark purple glass
Clear glass
Dark purple crystal
.
Three times and then
Sterling silver plated dragon fly
and then repeating the crystal and glass pattern until the middle of the necklace where three dangles are placed on specially swirled sterling silver plated headpins.
.
This one has a light of shine and sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment