Monday, August 24, 2009

Hellol! It's me :-) Of Kilter Designs is open for business















Hi, how ya doin'?










I make jewelry and horse tack and there's so much interest in it that I figured, what the hey, let's get it on the web. Hopefully you're interested in making jewelry and we can chat about which materials we like working with, what good deals we've found and even what stuff we've tried that well... probably won't try again. Or at least not in that application.










My favorite stuff are semiprecious gem stones and I'm gonna put cultured freshwater pearls in that category even though they aren't stones, but so what its my blog :-) I don't use coral as coral beds have enough problems with bleaching they don't need an increased demand for more pillaging. I also don't use ivory, but then I don't think they sell that above board anyway. I do have an ivory bracelet from my grandmother but that's a keepsake and we'll leave it at that.




CHARITABLE FUNDRAISING


One of the things that I love to do with my jewelry is to donate it to folks who then turn around and sell it for fundraising. I've helped folks raise money to buy personal care items for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and no kill animal shelters in IA. I also know of folks who all by themselves put on trail rides or fun runs to raise money for St. Jude's and they use the jewelry as incentives for their fundraisers.




Now obviously there is one little catch to all of this, having a tax deduction on my part doesn't help pay for the materials. So now what? Well, I did leave some of my jewelry on consignment at Cinderella's Closet in Deer River. The owner seemed to think that they'd sell, sure hope so. Another idea I had was to give it to my friends to wear and "spread the word". Thankfully my friends love it and have gotten some really nice compliments. Not to mention a new favorite pair of earrings. Earrings are my favorite thing to make... well, those and memory wire bracelets
Val and Pat Gann at G Bar Ranch in Tennessee, http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/index.html
and Chris Tornow, custom saddle maker
are two happy campers sporting turquoise and silver when they're out and about.
I'm going to get them to send me pictures to show you how good you'll look wearing my jewelry. And if you promise to be a spokesmodel, maybe I'll cut ya a good deal on the price?! Ya never know, its happened before ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment